Saturday, January 31, 2015

Rusty Papers Altered Book

Hi everyone,

Sometimes my creativity just baffles me, I taught a fabulous bunch of ladies this morning in making very pretty cards using vellum, but straight after the class had finished and all the ladies were gone I went off into another world and create this altered book cover! I had the urge to pull out my collection of rusty papers that I create a few years ago! Why? you go and figure that out, I can't, I just don't know what my style will be from one minute to the next! 
I just love it all.

Here is a picture of my gorgeous collection of rusty ephemera I made. I sprayed my papers with vinegar, placed metal objects on top, mine were already rusty because I left them out in the rain for a few months. I used washers, nails, bolts and screws, I let them sit on the papers for a few days then when I went back to check on them they looked like this!! YAY!!




Here is my 'I See You' altered book cover, I seem to be getting quite a collection of these altered book covers now. So it is a big change from creating pretty cards don't you think? It's messy, arty perhaps? I think my creative brain likes to go on holidays every now and then, that's the only way I can explain it.



I hope you have enjoyed my share today, let me know if your brain goes on holidays and what creations you come up with!

Happy Creating!
Jane

1 comment:

Head on over to my new blog page!

Hi everyone, Thanks for following my journey on this domain but I now have a new blog site, so please follow the link below for another...